Unfortunately you have to give at least one star... | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Unfortunately, you have to click on at least one star...

My current CS experience with Dyson is deserving of much less.

After purchasing the new £600 G1 direct from Dyson as advertised to do for 'the best support and service' I am still waiting on a resolution to my issue.

The mop itself is ok. Not great, just ok, but I did decided to keep it nonetheless. Wait to purchase it until they start discounting the price as it isn't worth the full one.

After just three uses, a jammed roller sensor fault occurred and the machine stopped working. I went through the trouble shooting steps and after being unable to resolve the issue, contacted Customer Service. Here I note that the name of this department is perhaps misleading. The department of ‘I can’t help you so someone will call you back’ would be a more apt title for those answering the call.

Call Number 1

Actually my first contact regarding the fault didn’t go too badly. It was ascertained that a replacement machine was the best cause of action on a Monday. Great. I’m told that the new machine won’t come for five days though and then end the call with a clear resolution. This is where we go onto another course…

On Tuesday, the next day, not five days later as promised, DPD arrived unexpectedly after an email and text came through just an hour before they did so, saying that the machine would be delivered that day. Just lucky someone was at home I guess. When the man knocked on the door, I’m told there is a pin number I should supply him with which of course I do not have. No worries the driver tells me, I’ll come back tomorrow and you can contact Dyson in the meantime.

Call Number 2

I contact Dyson of course for the PIN number. I’m told ‘we don’t do this and there isn’t one’. Interesting. What shall happen when the DPD driver returns…

No matter, he’s not been seen since.

Call Number 3

On Friday of the that same week, I again contacted Dyson so called Customer Service. I was told this issue would be dealt with within 24 hours.

I felt positive. Resolved. A clear course of action was available to me in resolving my issue with my brand new faulty £600 machine.

I was still positive when receiving an email from Dyson over the weekend telling me the new machine was on its way, even if the tracking link didn’t work and the line with the new serial number was blank…

Call Number 4

Alas, it is now the following Friday. A full 13 days since first starting this journey. I make my call and am told this will now be escalated for investigation and resolved within 72 hours. Someone will call me within 72 hours.

Sadly, it was not to be.

Call Number 5

After giving them the benefit of the doubt and allowing more than a full 168 hours to cope with any time zone differences between here and the dimension of Customer Service, I have placed another call. Today is 20 days since the first phone call and my floor is rather mucky.

This one was much the same with no resolution again, still waiting for this magical department to contact me and I now need to allow a full week.

I can’t say I have any faith this will happen. The current score of 5-0 or five calls to Dyson and sweet nothing back is my evidence for feeling this way.

I can’t say there has been any advantage in ‘buying direct from the people who make it’ either. The product is faulty and the Customer Service doesn’t seem to exist. No matter, there’s clearly several breeches of T&Cs here so I’m off to Amex to initiate a fraudulent transaction report for a refund as Dyson refuse to do this themselves given we are now outside their 35 days since delivery of the new item. Funny that, given you’ve stretched this by 20 days in not resolving my issue.

If I can’t help myself, then the least I can do is share the experience with the rest of you. I’ll stop short of saying ‘Buy a Shark’, but I certainly won’t be buying any future Dyson’s direct. That’s a promise and a recommendation.

Hi @m.j.holland

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information. Please check your Dyson Community private message inbox and provide the details requested.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.