Unhappy Dyson V7 user - 1-Year into warranty and I have issues | Dyson Community
Solved

Unhappy Dyson V7 user - 1-Year into warranty and I have issues

• 22 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Less than one year old (purchased 26/12/2022) V7 that initially worked fine until the last few months. It is fully charged but when running Max power it lasts around 30 seconds (or less) then cuts out. I put it back on the charger for 2 seconds, indications are it is still charged as it only has the one blue light flashing out of the 3. Take it off the charger. Begin using it again in Max power and it cuts out again. Filters are clean, machine is empty, it is not the charger. I have completed all the recommended troubleshooting on the Dyson website.

Took it back to Bing Lee (where I purchased the unit from less than a year ago) they laughed at me and told me to contact Dyson directly to get it sorted out myself.

I am very confident this machine is faulty. I'm thinking Fair Trading NSW needs to be advised of both these organisations. What is happening to customer service?

This is my second V7, the first lasted several years. I'm very disappointed and trying to get in touch with Dyson through this chat to get this resolved.

After reading through some of these posts it seems this is an issue that now affects the V7 model. Overheating is raised in some of these posts but this should not occur in a product that does what it says it should not. A product that offers Max power should be able to produce Max power without overheating.

Extremely frustrated. Does anyone have experience with this and what was the response from Dyson?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 October 2023, 14:50

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

You get a 2 year cover on all their Cordless stick vacs.

As you’re only 1 year in, I’d say that you can still claim off of the warranty.  You’ll have to do this directly with Dyson, the retailer won’t support you. This is mentioned in the terms of purchase, and covered in the user manual.

Have you used their self diagnostics, it might point you in the right direction as a starter? 

Dyson Support