v11 outsize bristle strip for outsize torque head | Dyson Community
Solved

v11 outsize bristle strip for outsize torque head

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Where can I get the black bristle strips for the v11 outsize head. The purple strip is holding up but the black one was stripped of bristles in no time. The black strip rail is wider than the purple so will only accept a black strip. Give it's one screw a bearing and a cap holding the strip in I would expect Dyson to offer these up for sale. When reading Dyson advertising material the strips are supposed to last the life of the head but that's just a fairytale. I feel the head is doing a very poor job without both strips. Given the price of a full roller Dyson is just sticking the knife in and milking the customer and given the lack of stock it's a sure sign Dyson know the brush strips don't last a moment.

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 January 2024, 17:31

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Eddiec,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Although the brush bar’s stuff nylon bristles and fine black carbon fibre filaments are subject to wear and tear in use, we wouldn’t expect them to wear out prematurely as long as the brush bar is kept free of threads and hair, and the cleaner head itself is kept free of blockages and obstructions. The clear brush housing lets you easily see if any tangled hair needs removing - and doing so regularly will prolong the life of the bristles and filaments.

The black carbon fibre filaments aren’t available individually - the brush bar itself will need replacing. You can order a replacement on our website. At the time of writing it’s out of stock, but you can sign up to be notified by email once more stock is available.

Hope this helps!    

The part you have linked to looks to be for a US model as its never been available for sale to the UK.

Part No 970788-01 is possibly the part I need although its not under the outsize model when going through the outsize parts list and of course its rarely available if ever and its an entire roller when all I and everyone else needs is a replacement bristle strip. Very disappointing that the bristle strip isn’t considered a replaceable and highly available part given its obvious fragile carbon fibre construction and continual contact with the floor. On my search for the part and info on it a good number of others are on the same quest. It basically leaves a £600 vacuum useless at a relatively young age. Item 970788-01 is priced at £37.50 which is extortionate for a consumable that will last no time as its guaranteed to disintegrate once more. I see no reason why Dyson shouldn't be selling the brush strips considering Dysons design team took the effort to ensure they are a simple slide in and out of place design.  They certainly would have as much trouble manufacturing and shipping them as they seem to be for the entire roller although I cant say how long they’d in stock as I’m sure every owner of a Dyson v11 outsize or Dyson with a similar roller head has a requirement to replace there no longer existing carbon fibre bristle strip.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Eddiec,

Thanks for your reply, and for confirming your location. We appreciate your feedback on the availability of the bristle strips - as mentioned, these aren’t available as standalone parts, but we’ll be happy to pass your feedback along for you to the right teams. As long as the brush bar is used and maintained according to the User guide, we wouldn’t expect excessive wear after a short period of domestic use.

The part you’ve linked is suitable for Dyson V11 Outsize™/Dyson Outsize™ vacuums in the UK, as they share the same brush bar design. As you’ve mentioned it’s currently out of stock due to global supply challenges, but using the ‘Keep me updated’ button you can sign up to receive an email alert when stock is available.