V11 Stripped Screw | Dyson Community
Solved

V11 Stripped Screw

My bin runner stop broke - ordered replacement. TO install new bin runner, you have to remove 4 screws from main body of vac. 3 screws came out easily, last one is stripped. Because it is seated waaayy down in that hole, there is no way to get to it. I took it to a vacuum repair shop and they basically said I was out of luck. Any ideas on how to get a stripped screw out of a recessed hole? Or doo I have to spend $100+ to replace the entire body on a vac that is slightly more than 2 years old? 

icon

Best answer by Jack 11 June 2024, 15:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @marymacnblack,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this. If the screw head is stripped and you haven’t been able to extract it, and the vacuum repair shop has also not been able to help you with this, we can only really suggest replacing the Main body assembly.

If you need further support, the Dyson Customer Care team are best placed to help. Please visit Dyson.com and click Support for the contact details of Dyson Customer Care in your region.

We'll look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks so much. I ordered the replacement main body and am SUPER happy! It’s not only like a new vacuum, it’s even better! For some reason the suction is better than I ever remember this vac being. Appreciate the help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @marymacnblack,

Thanks so much for the update, and for sharing the outcome - that’s great news. We’re really happy to hear your machine is up and running again!

You’re welcome to come back to us at the Dyson Community if you need further advice or support at any point.