V12 Fake or Original | Dyson Community
Solved

V12 Fake or Original

• 9 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Please help me with the Dyson V12 vacuum cleaner. The first time I ordered it, it came in the wrong color that I ordered, and I returned it. Yesterday, another one was brought and there are doubts about it that it is the original, not a fake. I would be very grateful if you could consult on the photo. The following points are confusing:
1. The A4 "book" in the box was without an envelope, in the previous one it was sealed in a white envelope without any inscriptions
2. in this book, as if in 4 languages, there should be instructions, but the first 3 are the same in English
3. The weight indicated on the box is 5.39 kg, and the first one was 5.58 kg
4. all advertising materials on the pipe should have the inscription "dyson slim detect absolute", there are no inscriptions on the pipe at all
5. there is a laser switch on the brush with a laser in the promotional photos, there is no laser switch on this
one 6. Also on this brush, the blue pile inside is bent and glued, on the other side it sticks out
7. the version seems to be for the UK, but there are many references to the Emirates on the box, instructions, power supply, etc.
8. The power supply unit does not know which state it belongs to
9. the seller of "smart retail", I do not know if they "officially" carry the original for parallel import

The SV30 version was brought for the first time, and now SV46. According to the photo of the sticker on the box, it is clear that the difference is not only in weight, but also in the number of accessories, but in fact it is not clear how they differ ...

icon

Best answer by Jack 2 January 2024, 16:37

View original

9 replies

Hello! I got more 2 questions:

1. The middle mode on the screen is called “Med”, I think on the original it should be “Auto”?!
  2. I tried to check the serial number on the official web site and it says it is not recognized… it means I got fake? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Ready2eYe,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

We’d always recommend ordering direct from Dyson or from one of our authorised retailers so you can be confident that the machine you’re receiving is genuine, and eligible for the Dyson warranty. From everything you’ve shared here, your machine does appear to be a genuine product - there’s no concern that it’s an imitation based on the points you’ve listed. 

I hope this helps, but if you’d like any further advice or if you’re worried any components are damaged, please speak directly to Dyson Customer Care in your region. Visit Dyson.com and click Support to find the correct local contact information.

Jack, thank you for reply! Can you please check my Serial Number. I do not understand why it is not recognized as valid on Dyson official web site?!

And what about the middle mode on the screen is called “Med”, I think on the original it should be “Auto”?!

And what about the middle mode on the screen is called “Med”, I think on the original it should be “Auto”?!

On mine it will show auto only when a motorized brush bar is attached. When none is attached it will show Med

Can anyone please check my serial number? I think I make something wrong or use not proper official website  to check it...

Badge +1

Can anyone please check my serial number? I think I make something wrong or use not proper official website  to check it...

Call them so they can check

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Ready2eYe,

Thanks for your further questions. To address these in order:

• The serial number of your particular machine may not have been added to our database yet, which could prevent it from being available to register online or via the MyDyson™ app.
  • ‘Auto’ mode applies when any of the motorised tools are attached. When you have a non-powered tool attached, or when you don’t have any tool attached, the middle power setting will display as ‘Med’ instead.

Please do reach out to your local Dyson Customer Care team as I suggested previously, as they’ll be able to help you get your machine registered.

Hi @Ready2eYe,

• The serial number of your particular machine may not have been added to our database yet, which could prevent it from being available to register online or via the MyDyson™ app.

Hello, Jack! Thank you for your help. I could register my Dyson V12 via MyDyson app and I can see in the app that my serial number points to the proper model. But still on Dyson official web site using serial number validation service it says that  my serial number is not recognized… I do not understand why?!