V12 filter options | Dyson Community
Solved

V12 filter options

• 7 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am looking for clarification of the filter options on the V12.

There are three variants:  yellow, gold and prussian blue.  In an earlier post Jack wrote: “The machines themselves are identical aside from the colour, the level of filtration offered, and the additional accessories they come with. ……. HEPA filtration is included on two of the three machines available - the Gold/Gold variant, and the Prussian blue/Copper variant. The Yellow/Nickel variant traps 99.99% of microscopic particles and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.”

However on the Dyson website there is this information in the sections headed Specifications which seems to be at variance with this.
Yellow: Filtration - Advanced Filtration
Gold:  Filtration - Whole-machine HEPA
Prussian blue:  Filtration - Advanced Filtration

I also note that the gold variant has less suction power and is heavier than the other two colours.  Is this a consequence of HEPA filtration?

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 November 2023, 14:17

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Nigel1976,

Apologies again for the confusion. Just to confirm, the information I provided previously around filtration and performance is accurate (all three have a maximum of 150AW), and the errors are with the specifications on the website. This has been fed back to the relevant team and work is currently underway to correct this.

Hope this helps!