V12 power charge failure and lack of support issues | Dyson Community
Solved

V12 power charge failure and lack of support issues

• 3 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I purchased a new V12 on 7th September 2023, delivered 9th September. I needed this on/off button variant as I can no longer use trigger control due to medical hand problems. Having been bought direct from Dyson they wrote to me to say the machine had been registered by them, as of yesterday, 2nd October it was not on the website showing as registered. Went online to access support but next issue was Dyson website says my serial number does not exist, took a photo of machine serial code alongside refusal message in case anyone wants proof.

After 21 days battery ran out and machine would no longer charge. Tried just plugging in just the charger cable plug into machine, no AC mains connected, machine blue lights blink and white battery symbol pulsing indicating it was charging! Impossible as it was not connected to the AC mains supply. 

My husband tried calling Customer Support but they refused to talk to him, will only speak to registered owner and I was not available so they cleared down call.

Tried using WhatsApp but after sitting by the side of vacuum and phone as requested for 8 hours only got response about every 2 hours. Impossible to carry out a conversation like that. Nothing positive happened all day, not heard from them at all today.

It is impossible to contact support team and I am desperate for a human being that will talk to me and deal with the issue. I will not deal with an inanimate AI robot chat line. It is less than 30 days old and machine plus charger needs to be replaced urgently.

After using reliable Dyson vacuum cleaners for over 20 years this will be my last. This experience is just too painful to ever want to go through again.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 October 2023, 13:48

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Hi @Pentris 

Sorry to say but you won’t get a resolution on this forum. The best we can offer is advise on what to do next. 

The Dyson moderate on the platform have previously stated service complaints, stock issues and order enquires need to be discussed with their Customer Service teams.

I quote “If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. As the Dyson Community team do not have access to customer records and thus unable to review individual cases, these issues aren't something we can directly help you with.

I recommend contacting Dyson through another channel. Telephone is the most direct method. I’ve found these are managed by a separate team, who may be able to offer a different level of support. 

As an alternative, one of the mods or another member may be able to point you towards a particular method for your country. One that they’ve used before. Try posting where you’re from as a follow up 🤙

Badge

Thank you for the response. I am in the UK and as you can tell it was posted out of total frustration with Dyson. This poor service attitude is extremely common with the majority of companies since lockdown (Covid) as they no longer care about their customer base.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Pentris

Thanks for letting us know about this - I can apologies for the experience you’ve had so far. 

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service and we’ve clearly not delivered on this occasion.  I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments at Dyson. 

In terms of data protections, our customer service experts can only discuss account information with the primary account holder/registered member - this is after data protection has been passed. However, I would have hoped some level of support was given, even general troubleshooting. Sorry that it hadn’t. 

As a next step, I encourage you to make contact with Dyson via the telephone. One of our experts will be able to discuss the next steps directly with you. To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Badge

I have now been able to get through to customer services to report this issue. Despite some language understanding difficulties they have agreed to exchange/replace the whole V12 vacuum cleaner next week. Hope this resolves this current issue. They were surprised that the WhatsApp reporting method failed so miserably.

Kind regards

Christine Dew