V15 Cordless clean filter message | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I have had my v15 for just over 2 years. I started getting the ‘clean filter’ message and even after cleaning the filter (which looked quite clean) still got the message over and over. I contacted Dyson and they said the whole body and cyclone assembly would have to be replaced!? I asked myself...this is a £600+ machine that requires its entire main vacuuming/ cyclone assembly replaced after just over 2 years of very low usage? The machine is only used once a week at most on a fairly clean apartment (no building works in or nearby so not a plaster dust clog for example).

While the Dyson agent was courteous and helpful I decided that I wasn't happy paying for this replacement part as, lets face it,  previous stick Dyson's I had owned never had this type of problem and I used them for many hassle free years. I'm no engineer but it would seem to be a design fault with the V15 cyclone becoming clogged and restricting the airflow through the machine (thus reporting it as a filter clog problem). 

Dyson kindly agreed to replace the part FOC in the end but I was surprised it was needed at all. Has anyone else had this problem?