V7 Stops after 10 seconds on max power | Dyson Community
Question

V7 Stops after 10 seconds on max power

• 11 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I have had the V7 for a little over 2 years. Over the last 6 months, maybe longer, the max power works for just a few seconds before it shuts off. Looking at various forums on the net, this is an extremely common problem. I have read all the usual answers supplied by Dyson on here but really what they need to do is fess up there's a huge issue here. All this “it’s not charging etc”. 

So, after 10 seconds the V7 dies, plug it back onto the power for just a second and hey presto, it works on minimum power again for enough time to vacuum the entire house. 

Come on Dyson, admit there is a technical fault!!

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

@Julius Thanks for your post, it sounds like the battery may need a replacement here.

If the machine is NOT pulsing/revving (indicating a blocked airway)  - the battery may have degraded a bit and need a replacement here. Keep in mind, any rechargeable battery of any type in any device will need to be replaced at some point.

Standard response I expected. If you google this topic it is a very common issue and when people have shelled out even more money for new batteries, it doesn’t fix the problem.  Do a bit of research and take your head out of the sand.