V8 Origin vacuum | Dyson Community
Solved

V8 Origin vacuum

• 19 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I received this vacuum last October and from day one the wand just flops around in the body of the vacuum when I attach it. I’m debating whether I should get back to Dyson about it. Is this a common problem with these vacuums?

icon

Best answer by Jack 20 March 2024, 11:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @kapster39,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

It’s normal for there to be a certain amount of tolerance between some removable parts, including the connection between the wand and the bin inlet. This ensures parts are easy to attach and detach - and helps prevent excessive wear or stress at the point of connection. But the tolerance shouldn’t be excessive.

To help further, we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some quick troubleshooting checks when you have your Dyson V8™ vacuum easily to hand. If a replacement part is needed, they’ll be able to confirm if this is covered under your Dyson warranty.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We’ll look forward to speaking with you!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for getting back to me, Jack. I followed your advice and had a chat with the Rep. They’re sending me a new wand under warranty. Hopefully that will solve the problem and that it’s not a design issue. In any case, it was good service.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @kapster39,

Thanks for the update, I’m so pleased to hear the team were able to help!

I’m sure the new wand will resolve the issue, but if you have any further concerns you’re welcome to go back to them for more support.