What is meant by this label? | Dyson Community
Solved

What is meant by this label?

Hello,

There is this mysterious label on my Dyson handheld vacuum cleaner (see below). What does it tell me? My guess is that I'm not supposed to press the button with my index finger, but with my thumb. That would make sense because the thumb is stronger for continuous pressing. According to the picture, I should slide four fingers under the handle. But I can only fit three fingers through. And then it's not possible to operate the button with the thumb without injury. The picture also shows that the thumb is now not on the button. So: how is it meant?

Best Regards,

Ralph

icon

Best answer by Jack 3 June 2024, 12:08

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @raba34,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

This section of the label shows that your Dyson cordless vacuum’s on/off trigger should not be activated while you’re in the process of emptying the machine. It recommends the best way of holding the machine while emptying to avoid your index finger accidentally pulling the trigger.

You can also see this process shown in our video guide:

Hope this helps!

Hi @Jack,

thank you very much for the quick reply.

Now I understand that the picture is part of the emptying process.

I had always understood it to be a general guide to use so as not to overload the index finger.

Best regards

Ralph