Cordless V7 won't work when you attach vacuum head | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V7 won't work when you attach vacuum head

• 1 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a V7, without any attachments it runs fine, soon as you put an attachment on, it won't work. I pulled it apart, cleaned it all, cleaned the connector points with alcohol. Some attachments now work fine but put the head on, it won't work.  Please help

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 3 January 2023, 16:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Jeanagh 

This sounds similar to an issue posted last week.

Does the head work if you use it as a handheld, attaching it directly onto the bin and not the end of the wand?

Should it, the wand may be faulty. If it isn’t, maybe the tool itself is faulty. The suggestion would be to check their online help tool for an answer. Dyson Cordless Support Tool.

Charlie.

Charlestown thanks for that.  I attached a couple of other things to the wand and it worked fine.  Having said that,  it wouldn't work the other day.  I'll try attaching Straight to the bucket and try cleaning the pins again and see what happens.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey there @Jeanagh 

It does sound like a connection issue. Anytime we troubleshoot an issue with a motorized attachment, we ask you to check power with the tool connected to the wand, and then have you try with the wand removed, and the attachment connected directly to the bin. If it works fine when connected to the bin, but not the wand, the issue can be the wand. If it doesn’t work on either, it can be either the attachment or the main body.

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Hi Kelly, thanks for the reply.  Originally, the main body worked fine until I connected anything to it, soon as I did,  it would stop working.  I gave all the connections and the main body a good clean and voila, it starting working fine.  Alas, it would still not work with the head,  neither with the wand or straight to the bucket, other attachments however worked with the wand. Pulled the head apart, gave everything a good clean and it now works.  God I'm clever but wait,  now the brush won't spin. What did I do? So close but yet so far