DC11 Washable Filters | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

DC11 Washable Filters

• 3 June 2024
  • 0 replies

We had a topic about this already, but it’s been closed, even though we’re not really done talking about it.

Because the only thing that is wrong with my unit is that you can’t get a filter for it. Period. You were perfectly happy to sell me any number of other attachments that are still available for my units. You would think that company like Dyson, who prides itself on its engineering, would continue to sell filters as long as there is demand for them. I have three units. And zero filters, which means I have zero functional units. 

As Dyson no longer sells these filters, I would be interested to know where I can get a filter medium that I can trim to fit the area required. It’s a simple rectangle. It doesn’t seem like it is some terrible engineering problem, certainly something that shouldn’t baffle whose designs an highly advanced vacuum cleaner. It’s a rectangular washable filter. That’s not rocket science.

So you’re telling me that I have this perfectly functional, highly engineered vacuum cleaner is no longer supported, which imply that you not longer offer service for damaged units, but what that really means is that I cannot get a filter replacement and that’s all that it means. so this perfectly functional, highly engineered vacuum cleaner that I paid a small fortune for is headed for a landfill because you feel that it’s time that I should buy another vacuum cleaner. Maybe that’s true, maybe it is time to buy another vacuum cleaner what do you recommend, Oreck or Shark?Because when I search online for aftermarket filter solutions, all I seem to find is my comments on this forum. 

And what should I do with my old units, should I put them in the landfill? What an absolute waste. I had a Hoover vacuum cleaner that uses bags, that I bought in the late 1980s, and the bags are still available. My kid still uses that vacuum cleaner.

You’ve lost me as a customer. You’re telling me that I’m not really buying a machine, I’m just leasing one.