Replacement parts for Dyson DC18 Slim | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Replacement parts for Dyson DC18 Slim

• 2 September 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a Dyson Slim original 240v upright and the lower flexible tube has split. Is there a YouTube video of how to remove and replace and is the tube even available?

[Moderation edit - title updated]

Hi @Oldengineer,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Just to double check so we can provide the right advice - is the machine you own the Dyson DC18 Slim corded upright vacuum?

Dyson DC18 Slim upright vacuum

If not, please confirm the exact model (or share a photo if you’re not sure).

We’ll look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Jack,

Yes indeed my vacuum cleaner is a Dyson DC18 slim.

It has been successful so far since bought from new although it does have it’s idiosyncracies!

The lower hose is split and I wondered if it was a replaceable item. If so, is there an item number, cost and diagrams on how to replace it please?

Hi @Oldengineer,

Thanks for your reply - I’m glad your Dyson DC18 vacuum has worked so well for you for so long!

DC18 was launched back in 2006, and due to it’s age this is now a legacy model which we’re no longer able to provide replacement parts or servicing for. So unfortunately we’re not able to provide a direct link or installation guide for a replacement lower duct hose - but you may be able to find a suitable replacement part from other third party vacuum spares retailers online. 

I’m sorry we’re not able to provide a more conclusive answer this time round.

Thanks Jack.

I am a repair engineer in one of many Repair Cafe's springing up all over the country. Our aim is to minimise and even prevent broken but repairable products from going into the tip. 

It's a terrible shame that so many repairable items are polluting our environment by being dumped as trash but such is the way of many manufacturers these days where those in power do not or wish not to consider the damage that is being done to humanity.

I will find a way to salvage my machine however and continue to encourage others to do so.

Hi @Oldengineer,

Thanks for coming back to me!

Dyson machines are made of high-grade, recyclable materials and can be responsibly disposed of at the end of their lifespan at any local household disposal site which accepts WEEE waste.

Hope you’re able to repair your machine or source a suitable replacement hose!