From Number One Fan to Won't Recommend New Vacuum Cleaner | Dyson Community

From Number One Fan to Won't Recommend New Vacuum Cleaner

• 7 February 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1

My last Dyson was a DC25.  I absolutely loved this vacuum cleaner, and I made a point to share this fact with many of my friends, coworkers, pet owners and business associates over the years!  When it was time to replace it, I didn’t even think twice about what brand of vacuum cleaner I was going to replace it with.  The new technology that had no filters was appealing, so I waited and waited for the supply chains issues to resolve, so I could get my new Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (animal + allergy).  I can’t even begin to express my EXTREME disappointment in this vacuum cleaner.  I have move from number one fan to I now telling people don’t waste your money on a Dyson.  I’m very disappointed.  I wanted to speak e-mail a customer representative or speak with a live person, but they don’t make it easy.  Here is a brief recap of what I’m disappointed with:

1.  The “wand” handle is difficult to slide in and out.  It comes apart and doesn’t push back in place easily.  Cheap construction.
  2. The “wand” doesn’t such well and is cumbersome to operate.
  3. The top vent located on the top is in an awkward place and is easy for your hand to cover.
  4. The top cord holder is cheap and bends out.
  5. The vacuum doesn’t secure will when clicked forward and often tips.
  6. The ball steering is clumsy and doesn’t navigate well.
  7. Long hair tangles in the brushed and requires constant removal.
  8. The waste container for dust is designed in a manner that the contains get stuck.  There is a plastic part on the inside that causes the contains to stick.  Having to pull it out is far from a desirable feature!
  9. The vacuum cleaner is very loud.
  10. Wheel do not function correctly.  These wheels with release when you are moving the vacuum from area to area when not actual vacuuming.
  11. THE MOST DISAPOINTING IS THE VACUUM DOESN’T SUCK WELL and CLOGS just above the back of the brushes.  This requires the vacuum to be taken apart, the small section of hose to be removed and the dog hair to be removed regularly!

I’m sad to say, one of your number one fans will not ever recommend a Dyson again.  I can’t understand why a stellar brand would want to put out a product like this one.

Disappointed & Let Down

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.