Impressed with my Dyson upright DC40 | Dyson Community
Sticky SPOTLIGHTED POST

Impressed with my Dyson upright DC40

• 16 January 2023
  • 1 reply
Impressed with my Dyson upright DC40
Userlevel 1

Hi All,

Wanted to share a good news story - we have recently moved back into our house that we’ve been renting out for the past 18 months and it seems that the tenants weren’t familiar with the fact that you need to empty the vacuum after use so our Dyson DC40 had the best part of 18 months of dirt in it.

Not only was it was easy to clean out but I turned it on initially without checking and it was still sucking up dirt - very impressive considering the state of the internals. I attach a photo of what we emptied out.

10/10 to Dyson on this one for making a pretty much indestructible machine.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @merlinwiz2k 

Thanks for sharing 😀!

We always love to hear this kind of real-world feedback.

During development, our engineers do test very thoroughly in our labs, and in real home environments, to make sure our machines are tough enough to withstand gruelling daily use. DC40 is no exception, and it’s clearly survived some punishment here!

If it’s gone this long without being emptied, it’s definitely time for a filter wash – as it’s possible your tenants could have missed this step too! In normal use we recommend doing this once a month, just to make sure it continues to work as well as expected. Our video guide should be useful here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xx7HD_qjp4

To better highlight this to our other owns, we’re added our ‘Spotlighted Posts’ tag.

Stuart