Dyson Headphones - Why are there still no replacement filters after 2-months? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Headphones - Why are there still no replacement filters after 2-months?

• 31 August 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I purchased the headphones over 2 months ago, and saw that there were no replacements then. There are still none, at least in the USA. https://www.dyson.com/support/headphones/zone 

Is there an ETA? 

@Stuart 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 21 September 2023, 13:26

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The + version comes with an extra set so i assume you did not get that model? that was the main selling point for me because i did not know how long the filters would last.

Im also looking to get the ¼ turn case. @Stuart any updates on when these items are back in stock?

thanks all!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The filters are supposed to last for like a year. So I suspect that might be why they don’t have them yet. Also keep in mind, if you think you’ve clogged them with stuff prematurely you can probably put something like a pillow on the inside and then use a vaccuum to get stuff like dust and other stuff that isn’t tightly packed into the filter out. (I do that with a large boxy air filter I have at home. It won’t necessarily filter as perfectly as before, but it can be better than nothing. But realistically, just because the device says the filter should be replaced doesn’t mean it’s not still filtering anymore. It’ll just cause a little bit more resistance for the motors.)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

this product has been out for a few months now so at the very least the filters, which are the main sell of the product, should be avail.

we don't know where these are used in the world and its possible someone may need replacements due to an unforeseen accident , etc. i am fortunate enough to have an extra set so im good for a minute, but those who did not get the variant i have may need them. 

these motors are tiny and run off a tiny battery on the product. extra stress on the motors due to the filters being clogged, may not be healthy for the motors and may cause poor overall performance ( shorter battery life, poor filtration, etc). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The + version comes with an extra set so i assume you did not get that model? that was the main selling point for me because i did not know how long the filters would last.

Im also looking to get the ¼ turn case. @Stuart any updates on when these items are back in stock?

thanks all!

Hey @ernables

Thanks for the loop in here - great to see you’re on the ball with everything and anything Dyson Headphones 😁!

You and @hhsuey pose a good question, my assumption was that these would be on sale/pre-sale by now. Dyson don’t tend to place spare parts/consumables on sale from launch. They usually follow a few months after the fact.

I’ve messaged a contact in the US, who should be able to answer the questions of ‘why’ and ‘when’. I’ll come back as soon as I have information to share!

Stuart 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks @Stuart for the intel and appreciate your follow up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everyone, 

I’ve not forgotten this 😁!

Some conflicting information hitting my inbox, so I’ve chased the Category team here at Dyson for final confirmation. I’ll come back soon!

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

‘ppreciate you @Stuart !! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for waiting whilst I obtained further confirmation. 

Although I can’t provide an exact date on when stock will be available in market, I can confirm that is on-route.

The second Sea-freight shipment recently left the manufactures and was only a couple of week behind the first. As a note, Sea-freight can take upward of 12-weeks. 

I know this isn’t a straightforward answer to the question, but I hope it shows that we have stock in transit. 

Happy to help answer any other questions. 

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Stuart thank you for the update. To me, it makes perfect sense. Much appreciated. 😎

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Stuart, thanks for the update! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think it’s great that Stuart chases Dyson corporate for stuff to happen. Makes me feel good knowing Dyson is serious to provide the support to the community and customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

agree @kakachi , @Stuart is good at what he does! I hope Sir James Dyson knows how valuable people like @Stuart are to the front facing customer. I don’t think we expect miracles or for Stuart to know/find out everything, but he has been genuine, honest, courteous, caring, and proactive, and that speaks volumes to me when it comes time to finding a company to spend my hard earned money with. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@ernables seems like the ¼ turn case is available for order: https://www.dyson.com/support/journey/tools/972070-01 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

yep. got the email and placed the order. :)