Solved

Questions about the Dyson Zone Headphones

• 22 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Bronze Level Contributor
  • 21 replies

Questions about the Dyson Zone Headphones.

1. Do they have ANC as good as the XM5s

2. What type of Air Quality sensors do they have.

3. Do they sound as good as the XM5s or XM3s

4. Can you do USB C Audio Pass through.

5. Can you charge while you listen.

icon

Best answer by ernables 22 August 2023, 12:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
  1. I have not used the sony’s but i have 2 pairs of AKG N90Q’s and the ANC on the dyson is on par with that. 
  2. had a look at the page for the Zones? https://www.dyson.com/headphones/zone
  3. Again have not used sony’s but compared to the N90Qs, the zones sound lovely. I use the bass setting and a neutral eq curve on my music app (poweramp). On higher fan speeds and when playing quiet music in a quiet space, you may hear the whirring sound of the fans. if you set it to auto, this should not be an issue as it will be on a slow speed if you are sitting/resting.
  4. comes with a 3.5mm to usb c and usb c to usb c cable. audio can pass through the type c port.
  5. yes

I think the ANC is on par with the industry standard ANC that's expected today. You may get a million and one different viewpoints from users of these cans. We all hear differently --  some of us have older ears than others, or some of us may have some hearing loss, etc., so ultimately it's up to you to decide if it's good enough for your needs. Headphones, sound are two topics where there is no one size fits all.

The Dysons ear cups feel like marshmallows. They dont fatigue me. Again I am use to large cans. The zones feel premium and look premium.

See if you are in an area that you can book a listening session and give them a try, or make sure you purchase from a place that will allow you to return if not satisfied.

OH! and one more thing… 

They are FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to wear! You really dont get how cool it is to breathe in filtered air until you do. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Kaelan this explainer is just in time for your #2 question. Thanks @Stuart .

Not much ore I can add here, other than the investment is well worth it! If you’re undecided visit one of their retail stores or even just take the leap and purchase! They do a money back guarantee if your not 100%!

1. I have not used the sony’s but i have 2 pairs of AKG N90Q’s and the ANC on the dyson is on par with that. 
  2. had a look at the page for the Zones? https://www.dyson.com/headphones/zone
  3. Again have not used sony’s but compared to the N90Qs, the zones sound lovely. I use the bass setting and a neutral eq curve on my music app (poweramp). On higher fan speeds and when playing quiet music in a quiet space, you may hear the whirring sound of the fans. if you set it to auto, this should not be an issue as it will be on a slow speed if you are sitting/resting.
  4. comes with a 3.5mm to usb c and usb c to usb c cable. audio can pass through the type c port.
  5. yes

I think the ANC is on par with the industry standard ANC that's expected today. You may get a million and one different viewpoints from users of these cans. We all hear differently --  some of us have older ears than others, or some of us may have some hearing loss, etc., so ultimately it's up to you to decide if it's good enough for your needs. Headphones, sound are two topics where there is no one size fits all.

The Dysons ear cups feel like marshmallows. They dont fatigue me. Again I am use to large cans. The zones feel premium and look premium.

See if you are in an area that you can book a listening session and give them a try, or make sure you purchase from a place that will allow you to return if not satisfied.

OH! and one more thing… 

They are FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to wear! You really dont get how cool it is to breathe in filtered air until you do. 

This has got to be one of the best reviews I’ve read! Kudos Sir!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Spencer , you are waaay too kind. I am just a satisfied user of this product and my enthusiasm shows in my words I suppose. 🤓