Big + Quiet Software Bug, the saga continues... | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Big + Quiet Software Bug, the saga continues...

• 16 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Dyson Big + Quiet Formaldehyde Software bug, the saga continues 

As the title suggests we are now on our second Big + Quiet air purifier, whilst the build quality and purification of the machine is without a doubt first class, the software is a completely different story.

I've reached out to numerous outlets in Dyson, higher up the command chain via their emails, which go completely ignored to finally getting a sort of response with sending my findings to the software vulnerability email, which I was told someone from the product team "might be in touch" shocker, no one has been, and this issue whilst most might not be aware of is starting to become abit of a joke, the fact no one takes responsibility is concerning.

The issue again relates to the ambient lighting sensor not adjusting the screen brightness at all, this was fine on the previous software but since the update to 0664PF.00.08.005.0002 the brightness is just stuck at full until the power is cut to the machine, again after power cycling the ambient light sensor works as expected but once the timer or the power off button via remote or app the full brightness behaviour appears again.

So I'm asking everyone with a big + quiet check your ambient light sensor behaves has expected! If not phone Dyson / email their security vulnerability inbox with the information that you have this bug, the more people shout up about this then the more likely a fix will be implemented, for a high end purifier this isn't really the experience anyone wants.

As for Dyson, having a closed off software system is all well and good but if people in the organisation can't be bothered to help out customers or listen to the issues then something drastically needs to change, this might seem a pedantic issue but night mode and ambient lighting features are pretty much redundant whilst this bug rages on, perhaps one of the moderators here can help me speak to someone who actually cares, but for two machines to be doing it, both after this update, then I'm sorry but it's sloppy software development.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Thejakelet,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this. Please be assured we have been investigating in the background - at this time, we haven’t received reports of similar behavior from other owners, and we haven’t been able to replicate the issue on Dyson Big+Quiet™ purifiers running the same software version. 

It’s highly unusual that you would have encountered the same issue on more than one machine, and I’ll be in touch directly to take some further information.