Brand new Dyson TP09. Producing a piercing sound. | Dyson Community

Brand new Dyson TP09. Producing a piercing sound.

• 1 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Please listen to video. It’s very loud. Brand new out of the box it makes this horrible noise more so on mid to low speeds. Yes I done the standard troubleshooting per Dyson. This noise seems to be common among the whole purifier line up? This would be a good unit for Dyson engineers to get a hold of and find the cause. I purchased it as Best Buy.

TP09 loud piercing sound

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

Charliebrown 1 year ago

Hi @Brent1980 

This is a notably different noise compared to the one made by my machine. 

The onboard sensors will calibrate out of the box, anywhere up to one hour of use. If it doesn’t stop after this time, try turning off the continuous monitoring. This function collects environmental information, even why in standby. This feature is active at all times.

Read Using Continuous monitoring

Charlie.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Brent1980 

This is a notably different noise compared to the one made by my machine. 

The onboard sensors will calibrate out of the box, anywhere up to one hour of use. If it doesn’t stop after this time, try turning off the continuous monitoring. This function collects environmental information, even why in standby. This feature is active at all times.

Read Using Continuous monitoring

Charlie.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I turned that setting off and still the same thing. I returned it and got the LG PuriCare AeroTower U9CV1C. I am more happy with it and it’s built like a tank. Feels real high quality leaving the Dyson feeling extremely cheap. It’s also more quiet then the Dyson.