Buying a European machine for use in the UK (Air Purifier) | Dyson Community
Solved

Buying a European machine for use in the UK (Air Purifier)

• 19 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I am considering buying a TP09 from Europe but the plug is not compatible with UK sockets. Can it be used with an adapter? I know it may be a large plug and could be too heavy but is there a way to use a European model in the UK?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 June 2023, 16:13

View original

6 replies

​Hi @JEN LE PEN 

Thank you for your interest in the Dyson machine.

Whilst our Cordless machines can be used overseas, with a market compliment plug/adapter. We do not advise international travel with our Purification range. 

As Dyson do not recommend using their machines with a power adapter or converter, we cannot provide any advice on which product line may or may not be compatible - Dyson machines are intended for use in the country they are sold, unless expressed otherwise in the warranty terms and conditions. 

If you are relocating, I’d urge you to contact the local Dyson service directly. They will be able to provide you with further advice and information - this can vary depending on your market or origin. 

Visit https://www.dyson.co.uk/support and reach out to the team over WhatsApp.

Best regards,

(Moderation edit - Edited/Updated with Correct Information) 

I should have said - it is an Air Purifier. Can an adapter work in the UK for that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @JEN LE PEN

Thanks for the follow up. 

Sorry - it seems like the information we had provided was incorrect. This information was only for our Cordless range.

@chad.mosiki response has been updated to reflect traveling with a air purifier. 

Please let us know if there are any follow up questions. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

I am not travelling but want to buy an Air Purifier from Europe and use in UK. The plugs are very large. Will an adapter be suitable to take the plug and will it function in the same way as  being plugged straight into the wall.Thanks.

They’ll never tell you if it will work. They advise against the use of an adapter. This could void the warranty. They don’t test their machines for use with an adapter, and cannot cover loss or damage as a result of using one.

Rule of thumb is, if it’s a fixed cable, it isn’t advised and may not work. If the cable plugs into the back of the unit, like a charger, then these can be replaced with one with a compatible plug. Give Dyson UK a call and they’ll order one for you. 

Thanks for all your answers. I have now bought a Vortex and am happy with it.