Can't control Pure Hot + Cool (HP03) on app | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Can't control Pure Hot + Cool (HP03) on app

• 25 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I purchase the HP03 a few wks ago. It originally allowed me to control it when I wasn't home on the MyDyson app. However it stopped a wk ago and I can't get it to work again.

I have tried: unplugging at powerpoint, turning off at PowerPoint and back on after a few minutes, removing from app and reinstalling, pressing on and off button for 5 seconds, 20 seconds etc…

I am able to control the machine when I'm at home and on the same home WiFi, but one of the reasons I purchased this machine was so I could control it when I'm not home.

Any help would be appreciated.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Jadesd,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

It sounds unusual that you’re able to connect to and control your Dyson Hot+Cool™ purifier when your machine and your phone are on the same WiFi network, but not when you’re accessing your machine remotely using mobile data. When you attempt to access your machine remotely, do you see any particular error message within your MyDyson™ app?

It would be really useful if you could share a screenshot of the MyDyson™ app so we can see what you’re seeing when you try to connect remotely!

We’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Jack - here is a screenshot of what happens when I'm not home. As soon as I step back into the WiFi range of my house it connects back up and works fine.

This screenshot is 2 min after the offline one above - all I did was step back in range of my house wifi and it started working again

And for completeness, I double checked and mobile data is enabled for the mydyson app. This all worked fine until a couple of days ago when it stopped working.