CO2 Monitoring | Dyson Community

CO2 Monitoring

• 8 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

As a suggestion, it would be great if purifiers could monitor and graph CO2 levels in ppm in the home. CO2 levels are a great way to monitor how stale the air in the house is. The purifier may not be able to reduce CO2 in the home but by helping users monitor it, people can proactively know when to increase ventilation in the home. 

CO2 monitoring is a requirement in many commercial scenarios and businesses for their staff and customers and it would be great to be able to bring this to the home in a simple and easy way. 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

This is a great idea. 

Do you imagine it reporting this in the app only and/or just on the device? 

I’d second an appearance on an in app screen on the graph. Not sure I would use it as a direct replacement to my CO2 alarms in the house however. 

Pete

Userlevel 2

I’d like to see it on the device and on the app with alerts and graphs to go with it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I’d like to see it on the device and on the app with alerts and graphs to go with it. 

I agree. This would be great to see on a future product. 

I can picture it now. Dyson hot+cool formaldehyde&Co2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi everyone. 

Its great to see our owners' creating and engaging on a topic about new features and functionalities.

Whilst I cannot directly comment on our future developments and technology integration plans, I will highlight this topic and your suggestions with our development team in the next planning increment and content discovery session. By doing so, it will help inform our teams and support us to developing exciting technology for future connected machines.

I’ll check back on this post periodically and pass any other comments and suggestions back to our teams. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone. 

Its great to see our owners' creating and engaging on a topic about new features and functionalities.

Whilst I cannot directly comment on our future developments and technology integration plans, I will highlight this topic and your suggestions with our development team in the next planning increment and content discovery session. By doing so, it will help inform our teams and support us to developing exciting technology for future connected machines.

I’ll check back on this post periodically and pass any other comments and suggestions back to our teams. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Thanks Stuart! Yes please, we’d love to hear feedback from your discussions at the meeting. CO2 is an awesome indicator of stale air and will help notify users to increase ventilation in the house.