Complaint - Dyson service and response | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Complaint - Dyson service and response

• 23 August 2024
  • 1 reply

As there is no other way to have a constructive conversation with people and any responses or conversations I’ve had with customer service so far being far from adequate this seems to be another way to raise my complaint. 

To whom it may concern,

I purchased a Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool fan from a reseller in June 2022, which had a 2 year warranty period. 

In June 2023 the system stopped working, and I went through the Dyson online chat support (through WhatsApp) to troubleshoot the issue. It was believed there was an issue with the pump column, and so they said they would send a replacement one out, which they did but it took well over a month and I had to chase them for this. 

In September 2023 (10th) I reported to Dyson again that unfortunately this hadn't fixed the problem and on the 12th September 2023 I was told 'one of my colleagues will reach out to you within 24-48 hours from now to fix that asap'. On the 30th September I chased Dyson as I had not received any responses to be told "I'm terribly sorry for all the miscommunication. Please do advise if you are still under warrantee?" to which I replied 'Yes, it was bought in June 2022.' The response was "Can you please confirm you wanting to book for a repair", to which I replied "Yes".

There was no response to this, and then on 30 July this year I responded saying "No one ever responded to this...". I then followed up with the online chat support function, and when they looked into the case they saw that I clearly raised the issue within the warranty period and so arranged for the machine to be picked up and repaired. 

I received an email last week from Dyson, which I have followed up with the online support function on which says that the machine cannot be repaired so can either by scrapped by them or sent back to me, and as a great customer will offer me 25% off a new machine. 

As this issue was raised within the 2 year warranty period, which was acknowledged by Dyson I expect a replacement of the machine, not to be offered a discount on a new one. There are numerous examples of poor customer service, i.e. not responding to me when things have been raised and acknowledging that this was poor and then to say that this is outside of the warranty period when merely weeks ago it had been confirmed by Dyson that they would consider it inside the warranty period as that is when I had raised it is terrible. 

I have evidence of the communication breakdown from Dyson and will have no hesitation making these public which details exactly when issues were raised, when Dyson did not respond to me, and when I had to chase back up.

I expect a replacement machine, not a 25% discount off a new one, and look forward to a response on this before it is taken further.

I am currently going through the smae struggle! I truly hate dyson now. I will never purchase another product directly from them. I've spent the whole month of August communicating with their "Team" 

This company is a joke!