Digits not showing on Dyson Air purifier screen | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Digits not showing on Dyson Air purifier screen

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

My Dyson sir purifier always used to have a number on the screen on the device that would show at a quick glance what the air quality was like. If we sprayed perfume or deodorant for example the number would go up. This has now disappeared and there is just a flat green line that never moves. How do I get the number back? 

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @sjb1987,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

To scroll through the information being monitored by your Dyson purifier, please press the ‘i’ Information menu button on your remote until you find the screen you want to see.

In normal use, when your machine’s sensors detect a particular type of pollutant which causes air quality to decrease, a symbol for the pollutant will show on the LCD screen.

Hope this helps!

@Jack Thanks for this although there used to be a number at all times so at a quick glance I could see what the air quality was. I never needed to use the remote. When I press the I, it does scroll through the pollutants but there is no screen that shows a number. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @sjb1987,

I’m not familiar with the exact number screen you’re describing, but this may come down to the software version your machine is running - as sometimes there can be minor updates to the user interface when the software is updated.

Additionally, when your machines detects and reacts to a pollution event which impacts air quality, it will temporarily display a particle count. This should steadily decrease as the purifier works, and should eventually clear when the air quality improves.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @sjb1987,

A further thought - use the Information button to scroll to the screen labelled ‘PM 2.5’, then wait for 5-10 seconds. This should then show a live particle count - is this the numbers screen you were referring to?