Dreadful Customer Service UK - Repeat faulty TP09 fans and no contact for written complaint. | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Dreadful Customer Service UK - Repeat faulty TP09 fans and no contact for written complaint.

• 30 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Can someone please advice or help? I’m at the end of my tether with Dyson.

I'm getting in touch to try and reach a resolution regarding this issue, I've been on the phone and online chat to Dyson so many times and not been able to reach a proper resolution.

There is no competent person in customer services and no way to raise a written complaint and escalate. I’ve been promised that ‘manager’ or ‘supervisor’ will call within 3 days and they never do. I've explained the issue but there are problems with comprehension and I've not received a response when they promise to open cases and that someone will come back to me but they never do.

A couple of weeks ago I finally got a person on the phone who seemed like they knew what they were doing, who agreed that they would supply an alternative model. However they sent the same one again which is again faulty.

My original machine was purchased in July 2022 and worked wonderfully, TP07

Unfortunately the airflow stopped working completely in October 2023 and I was sent a new TP09 instead.

The TP09 has been plagued with problems:

Poor or no airflow.

Makes weird whirring noise.

Sensor doesn't work and keeps the machine on constantly on auto mode.

No purification, even in a small flat with the windows closed, the levels never go down.

Buzzes and hums even when switched off.

This machine was replaced several times with new models of the same TP09 sent to me in: 

October 2023,  

November 2023, 

December 2023, 

December 2023.

May 2024.

The last one from December had been wrong for a while, I'd been in conversations with your colleagues, 

But it was finally collected for repair in April 2024. Because it could not be repaired you again sent a brand new TP09.

Guess what, the latest machine which arrived on Saturday made a really strange noise from the moment I switched it on. Could you please provide a machine that works properly?

Do you have an appropriate alternative model?

The TP09 seems to be terrible.

Asking this case to be escalated, Please get in touch.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @rphilippe,

I understand this situation has now been resolved for you by the Dyson Customer Care team in your region.

They’re best placed to provide further support if you need any additional advice with this issue.

The level of customer service I have received from Dyson in relation to the return of a Dyson Pure Cool machine (the model which connects to the App) is appalling

I requested a repair to my machine, because of a fault with the internal software.

A price for the repair was agreed – and I was sent an email with details of the collection and a Dyson repair reference.

The collection , to be made by DPD I was told, never happened.

This process was attempted by Dyson no fewer than 6 times – including by the “back office” team – who are supposed to be able to sort things out (lol!) – and I never heard anything from DPD !

Each time, the email that I received contained Dyson’s own repair reference number – but, notably, nothing at all from DPD – no tracking number, collection reference number  - nothing. So I was unable to contact DPD myself at any stage.

Following these 6 failed attempts, Dyson then basically “gave up”, instead of trying to get things right and offered me a choice

1. Buy a refurbished machine for £99

Or

1. Receive a 25% discount on any new Dyson purchase as a replacement

In either case, they asked me to dispose of my faulty machine.

After all the trauma that had occurred, I reluctantly decided to go forward with offer number 1.

I contacted Customer Service once again , gave them a Case number they had raised – and asked to buy a refurbished machine….. only to be told that Dyson do not have any!!! (lol)

At  that point I had literally given up hope of getting anything done with Dyson.

I decided to make one last call to the Customer Service team, to confirm what I had intimated on a previous call with them – that if they didn’t sort anything out, I was going to give the matter maximum publicity on a well known  consumer protection UK television programme and in the National press .

When I made that call I spoke to someone named Gavin – he asked me what had happened – and immediately declared  “I know how to resolve this problem – I worked previously in the back office – please give me a minute” .

Within two minutes he had raised another collection order – and sent me yet another email…………

Only THIS email was different to the previous 6 emails I had received. This email contained information about both Dyson and DPD – including a collection tracking reference from DPD

Sure enough – the machine was collected by DPD yesterday. Fingers crossed for a successful repair and return !

After speaking with Gavin , it transpires that all of his previous colleagues, including the back office  - were using the wrong portal on their system  - but, Gavin knew the correct portal to use.

Well done Gavin – but, Dyson, this is absolutely shocking .

SUMMARY

If Dyson truly wants to improve matters relating to Customer Service – then 2 significant changes are needed :

1. Customer Service staff need full and proper training on their systems . (Clearly not happened here)
  2. Dyson need to make an email address available for customers to discuss issues via email, in writing