Dyson Hot & Cool Fan Speed Query in Hot Mode - Can you adjust the fan speed. | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Hot & Cool Fan Speed Query in Hot Mode - Can you adjust the fan speed.

• 5 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a HP04 and when in hot mode it seems to just go straight to near to max fan speed, is this normal?

In cool manual mode I control from a slight breeze to full speed but when I activate the heat mode even with fan speed one it starts probably about the equivalent of 5 for maybe 20 seconds and then jumps up to an 8.

I saw a similar post that was not sure of their outcome but just trying to understand if this is normal behaviour or not. That other post seemed to imply that this is standard behaviour so that the room heats up as quickly as possible but it makes the fan quite impractical given the noise and how close it is to my work space - are you able to have a low speed with the heat on?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 17 October 2023, 10:41

View original

5 replies

@discostu  Hi there, yes, this is normal. The machine will work to reach its target temperature that you set, then simply maintain it once it has.
This video will show you a demo/visual guide on how that works specifically.

Ah ok, so you can’t have a slot hot mode fan speed then? It just goes more powerful to heat the room to desired temperature then turn off, that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Ah ok, so you can’t have a slot hot mode fan speed then? It just goes more powerful to heat the room to desired temperature then turn off, that correct?

Hi @discostu that is correct.

When setting the temperature the machine will heat the space as fast as it can, this is until it reaches the desired temperate. 

The heating element will turn off once that temperate has been reached. with the purifier element remaining on. If it detects a drop in the temperate, it should automatically switch itself back on. 

I’d recommend reading our Using Auto mode (Purifier, Heater and Humidify) | Dyson Community article, which highlights the Auto feature and the advantage of using it. 

Thanks. 

Stuart

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

You can manually turn down the fan speed on heat mode but it's still much faster than when in cooling mode. I believe this is to stop the heating elements from overheating. 

I've read some messages about this and wonder if it's a fault. I can't turn the fan speed down when heat is on, so it's very noisy. I'd prefer to be able to turn it down and have gentle heating going on.