Dyson Purifier - Continuous monitoring issue | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier - Continuous monitoring issue

Userlevel 1

I have a Dp04 purifier. I can't get filter management or continuous monitoring to work, I've done all the resets several times it always says when I've reset it that it needs an update it is on auto-update but the software version hasn't changed. I saw a post about communication issues with the servers and updates with the machine. If you could please help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 April 2023, 00:45

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

15 replies

Were you able to view this data before or was it always like this, if it’s the first, you’ll need to revert the purifier to factory settings. 

If it’s the second, check the purifier to make sure it’s a model for your market and the app is available. If the app is hacked, the data won’t appear. 

Reverting to factory settings

@jhouser244 did this work? 

Userlevel 1

Thank you all for your answers but none of the suggestions of work I've reset everything every registered and unregistered it created a new account and it's still won't operate correctly in in the app I think it's the issue with the cloud and the update because it says it needs to update and it's on auto update but the software version does not change so if you could please help me on that respect if you have access to the cloud server Stuart id I greatly appreciate it I posted my serial number if I haven't or if I haven't I will or if you could please message me back thank you and have a great day.

Userlevel 1

My serial number is (Moderation Edit - Serial number removed) and I really hope you can help me it's still under warranty but I'm not able to pay the $80 it cost to mail it into you guys and for a $600 machine I should have better support plus you could please help me I greatly appreciate it and stay a Dyson customer

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Did you try the hard reset? If you had, and if it were still failing, the only option would be to have Dyson inspect and repair it. 

Did you try the hard reset? If you had, and if it were still failing, the only option would be to have Dyson inspect and repair it. 

I concur. I’m unaware of an alternative for solving a software faults. 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

This would fix the issue I'd I could get some help from whoever helped this person because I was able to see my air monitoring ive done every reset in the book and customer service and the software won't update. 

Userlevel 1

If those features aren't going to work I don't see the point of buying 100$ filters anymore especially since I don't know when they need replaced. 

Userlevel 1

Yes and there is I've found a post where someone had the same exact issues and it was fixed via cloud. 

Yes and there is I've found a post where someone had the same exact issues and it was fixed via cloud. 

Share please. I will have the same problem in about 8 months. 

I wouldn’t turn down this information either. 

Userlevel 2

experiencing a similar issue with my tp04. Software update never comes despite being ‘scheduled’ in the app, but doesnt work on auto update either.  Contacted Dyson who had it collected, and it came back no fault found despite the engineer I spoke to saying that they could update the firmware manually at the repair shop, it arrived back with a ‘no fault found’ message, and as such I cannot access the scheduling feature, continuous monitoring, or filter management, all fundamental parts of the product.  On the scheduling feature in app it says ‘This feature is temporarily unavailable.  This will be inactive until your software installation is complete.  The icon above will display on your machine whilst it is installing.  However, at the machine there is no such icon it just says auto as normal.  The unit is defo connected to the net as I can control it from in app for speed etc.

(Moderation Edit - Resolve - TP04 Software refuses to update. | Dyson Community)

Userlevel 1

@TechnicalMarvel I've just gone through exactly what you have said above with Dyson and TP04 same firmware version and it's still not fixed either. I have exact same symptoms. I spoke with a Dyson person on the phone today who was going to log an internal ticket with engineering. Let's see what happens. 

(Moderation Edit - Resolve - TP04 Software refuses to update. | Dyson Community)