Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool Formaldehyde - No power/electrical short - Ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool Formaldehyde - No power/electrical short - Ideas?

• 30 September 2023
  • 1 reply

I plugged in the purifier at my new flat, worked fine for hours, then I turned on its heating function and after a while there was a puff of spark/flame and it shut down. I circled the rough area it came from, I’m guessing it’ll be a fuse or something that I need to replace.

Anyone know which part I should look at?

The wall plug itself is probably dodgy I would guess so I’ll plug it in somewhere else once it’s fixed

Cheers,

Will

icon

Best answer by Stuart 2 October 2023, 10:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @will,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

From the details you’ve shared, it looks like we’ll need to run you through a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks to help work out why this happening and what the potential cause of it could be. Please get in touch via a Live Conversation: To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select 'Start a conversation'  

Our experts will be able to confirm if any replacement parts or repairs needed are covered under your Dyson guarantee. As a reminder, Dyson provide a 2-year warranty against their Air Treatment machines, any repair or work required during this time is usually free of charge (Subject to certain conditions). Outside of the 2-year period, there’s usually a fixed fee for repair. 

Thanks, 

Stuart