Dyson Purifier Humidify + Cool Formaldehyde - Not sure if it's purifier or humidifier is working | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Humidify + Cool Formaldehyde - Not sure if it's purifier or humidifier is working

• 13 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased the Dyson Purifier Humidify + Cool Formaldehyde.  Since I got it a few weeks ago, the air quality in the room has always been “good.”  It may change slightly but never goes out of the “good” category.  This is despite the fact that it’s in a small studio apartment and I cook with a gas stove.  I can’t imagine the air quality is “good” when I’m cooking.  Now, I also have an older Dyson Pure Cool Link that I purchased in late 2017 in the same room.  According to this purifier, the air quality in the room does change and sometimes this purifier will show that the air quality is “poor” while the newer Purifier Humidify shows that it’s “good.”  Does this indicate that the newer machine isn’t working or are there differences between the machines in what they classify as “good” vs. “poor”?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 December 2023, 19:53

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @PM818 , thanks for your post. The Dyson humidifier feature is designed to push moisture into the air and the purifier is designed to take particles out of the air. Water, even in vapor form, can contain micro particles of naturally occurring minerals which the purifier cannot distinguish from a dust particle. Resulting in a poor air quality reading. This being said, the purifier will run for longer to remove these additional particles from the air. Which could reduce your filter's lifespan. For this reason, we recommend the use of distilled water (which contains far less minerals) in your Humidifier if it is in the same room of another purifier. {NOTEThis applies ONLY when using Dyson Humidifier or Purifier; as we cannot speak of other manufacture products.}

I would suggest moving the Dyson Purifier Humidify + Cool into another room to see if the issue continues. 

Hi @Summer.Jackson.  Thanks for your response.  I am only using distilled water in the humidifier.  My concern is not the old dyson showing poor air quality at times (there is poor air quality at times, as I cook with a gas stove and it’s a small studio apartment), my concern is that the newer Dyson Air Purifier + Humidify never shows any air quality but good, which makes me concerned it’s not accurate.