Dyson Support not helping | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Dyson Support not helping

• 28 June 2024
  • 0 replies

I bought a Dyson HEPA Purifier Cool TP09 at the start of this month. Straight out of the box it would not connect to the WiFi.

I have had FIVE support calls in the last three weeks. 

Support 1.) Troubleshooting. Can’t figure out what is wrong. Will ‘escalate’ and I will receive a call back within 72 hours. No phone call. After 7 days I called Support again.

Support 2.) Video call troubleshooting. Can’t figure out what is wrong. They will ‘escalate’ and I will receive call back within 72 hours. I said they said that last time and no one bother to ring back. They said no no this time they will. no call back received. After another 7 days I call support again. 

Support 3.) It is now over 2 weeks since I received a faulty machine. Thursday 20th I call again. I am offered repair and I said no I would like a replacement because this has not even been used yet. Support sets up a collection of faulty machine for Tuesday 25th of June. Says I will receive replacement machine in 10 working days as it is in stock. No body came to collect the machine on Tuesday 25th.

Support 4.) Wednesday 26th of June  9:15am I call support again. They can see that it should have been collected but do not know why. They say they have arranged a new collection and I will receive an email within 40 minutes with collection date and time. I explain that not once have I received communication when support says I will and they assure me this time will be different. By 1pm there is still no email. I call support again.

Support 5.) Approximately 1 pm Wed 26th I call support and tell them I have not received the email with the collection time. They tell me they cannot give me a collection time and date and that I might receive an email tomorrow. After much back and forth I have decided this is going nowhere and I don’t want a new machine I want to return the machine and a refund. They organise a refund and they tell me I will receive am email shortly with a collection time and date for pick up to their warehouse. Which i did. However they could not do the same for the exchange even though I confirmed it was in fact going to the same warehouse. Fine, doesn’t matter. Pickup for Friday 28th of June, this debacle will be over then.

Friday 28th of June and nobody came to pick up the fan.

Things break, they arrive faulty. This happens. No big deal, or it shouldn’t be. But this has been dragging on now for weeks with nothing but lies coming out of Dyson support. I have never been treated like such shit or such disrepect by a company like this before, and I just wanted to exchange a faulty product.

My company has been using these fans for our building and so I bought this one for my home. Well we will be replacing them with a differnt brand going forward because if there is ever an issue with them Dyson will give us the runaround.

So now what Dyson? I have to make my sixth call to Dyson support? To hear yet more lies, while I am out several hundred euro with a fan that doesn't work. What now?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.