Horrible Customer Service | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to inform you of a recent customer service experience I had with Dyson. The precipitating event of this was one that every customer will experience: the need to replace a filter. The app directed me to a filter, and since I trusted the app I clicked through the purchase without thinking twice. Then the following events occurred:

1. The filter that the app directed me to purchase was not the same filter that was in my machine.

2. I reached out to customer service when the filter did not install in the machine. They sent me a video demonstrating exactly what I was doing, and the service agent insisted that I simply try harder.

3. To install the new filter, I had to remove the activated carbon filter already installed in my machine, to be replaced by what looked like simply a paper filter. I had paid for the top tier machine because air quality is extremely important to my family due to medical concerns.

4. The customer service agent waved away my concerns since the filter technically fit.

5. I was not offered any assistance in identifying the correct filter or offered help in returning the wrong filter or replacing it with the correct one.

All of this led to a truly frustrating experience and makes me seriously reconsider if I would ever buy a Dyson again. I would certainly not recommend the customer service route to anyone.

Thank you for your time.

Be the first to reply!