HP00 showing ‘E’ code on trying to set to auto mode | Dyson Community
Solved

HP00 showing ‘E’ code on trying to set to auto mode

• 3 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

My trusty old HP00 Pure Hot + Cool unit is showing an ‘E’ fault notification while attempting to put it into auto mode. I’ve not been able to find any information on an ‘E’ code. Can anyone assist please?

(Edited by moderator – tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 9 February 2022, 18:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey ​​​@DownTime 

Strangely enough, I had this on my very first purifier. I recall its something to do with the machine either overheating or getting a blockage. Unplugging, cleaning the filter housing and turning it back on resolve it for me.

Try following the advice on the 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your machine | Dyson Community post. 

Failing that you may need to contact support. 

Best of luck. 

C.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @DownTime,

Thank you for posting a question.

If you see a flashing 'E' while trying to use your purifier, it is unable to do what has been requested. If you see a solid 'E', it shows the machine has stopped functioning correctly. If you do see either a flashing or solid 'E', please complete the following steps.

• Unplug the purifier and leave it for 10 seconds. Ensure the plug is firmly connected to the socket and switched on at the wall.
  • Ensure the room temperature is above 5°C.
  • Ensure there are no blockages in the inlet grille or loop amplifier outlet. You can wipe down the grille and loop with a soft, dry cloth.
  • Your filter may also need replacing. Check for excessive build up of dust within the inlet.

There are a series of online support checks which might help you diagnose your machine and could highlight why this is happening. These are designed to be straightforward. 
The best place to view this in the Australia market is on our online support guide, which you can find here: Air Treatment Support. Please select your machine from the list. 

Let us know if the issue remains unresolved, and we’ll be happy to help further.

Thank you. That seems to have done the trick. We had been tidying up and rearranging things in the room previously so it must have stored up some dust. Many thanks.

Im wanting to buy another filter anyway as I’m sure it must be due soon. But I can’t find the old link for my unit. Are you able to point me in the right direction?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@DownTime certainly! To purchase a replacement filter for your HP00, please visit this link here HP00 filter