Recycling filters | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

i have replaced two of my Pure Cool Link Fan filters and wonder if Dyson take them to recycle?

Hi @Theresa222,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for your question!

Dyson Purifier filters aren’t currently recyclable - due to the pollutants and contaminates they can contain, they should be disposed of as part of your normal household waste.

As a consumable part, our engineers strive to ensure they have the longest working life possible. Glass HEPA media is used, which typically has a longer life span than other filter media, to make sure it needs to be replaced as infrequently as possible. In many regions, based on 12-hour usage per day, a purifier would require a new filter as little as every 12 months.

Recycled material is used in the Dyson Purifier Cool™️ Formaldehyde machine itself, made from 21.5% recycled plastic by weight. And our latest purifier filters contain 85% recycled plastic in the filter frame, resulting in a reduction of virgin plastic.

Hope this helps!

ok thankyou and yes that makes sense. thought i would check just in case, before i put them in the household trash

You’re so welcome :)

This is unacceptable from Dyson in this day and age and focus on ESG.

So they claim that “due to the pollutants and contaminates they can contain” we have to send them to local recycling. Like they can do it better than you.

I will be sending my filters back to Dyson and let them recycle them as they think fit.

Hi @morrisog,

As mentioned in our response above, Dyson purifier filters are a consumable part, and the materials used to construct them aren’t currently recyclable. We recommend disposing of them in your normal household waste.

Our materials engineering team is constantly exploring innovative, sustainable and recycled materials. We continue to engineer and test everything we make to optimise efficiency and lifespan.

I’ll be happy to pass your feedback along for you to the right people.