Replacement filter not available after 3 months | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Replacement filter not available after 3 months

• 22 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi there, I have been a long time user of the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Purifier. About 3 months ago, I got a message in my app stating that the filter should be replaced soon, so I attempted to purchase one from the online Australian store. It said there was none in stock, so I put my email address in to be notified when stock will arrive.

This morning, it now says a replacement is required, however I still am yet to receive an email say stock has arrived. I have tried to purchase one again, but am getting the same message.

While I love the product, the support in purchasing replacement filters I less than ordinary 😕. Could someone please advise when the replacement part 968101-05 will be available for purchasing again and whether stock replacement support will improve. While I love using this product, if filters can’t be purchased within a reasonable time, I would have no choice but to trash this and get a different brand.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Just to add to this discussion, it isn’t not the first time I have had this problem. Every time I try to buy the replacement in the past (2-3 times now) I’ve had to wait up to 6 months or so. Dyson really needs to do better here.

I do feel for you , There are so many customers with same issue. I purchased  Dyson BP03  at almost 900 pounds. No filters , was told it’s very popular .  I’m afraid everyone is being told the same thing ..  the customer support is absolutely diabolical . I believe stocking  all sorts of filters will not be in the company’s best interest .. I also have aTP02.  have not been able to but a filter for a very long time , even a replacement  remote control . Non Dyson filters will not recognise the app , that’s obviously a tactic used by the company , but  to do that and not be able to supply filters  is an absolute disgrace . 

The company needs to get its act together or buy back all machines that customers have purchased recently . Filter life will vary , so with that in mind , they have a huge issue.  I will never ever buy another Dyson product , as support and replacements are dire .

I noticed you mentioned ,if no filters can be purchased soon for your product . You would have to consider to bin the item and go for a different brand ..  Here is a point ,if you make a product but unable to supply replacement parts ,in this case, filters which are an absolute must ,then by definition the product is of no use and not fit for purpose .. After all the  products are allegedly high end , so with that comes first class support , be it replacement parts or support for the products .. I’m afraid both are non existent. 

I noticed you mentioned ,if no filters can be purchased soon for your product . You would have to consider to bin the item and go for a different brand ..  Here is a point ,if you make a product but unable to supply replacement parts ,in this case, filters which are an absolute must ,then by definition the product is of no use and not fit for purpose .. After all the  products are allegedly high end , so with that comes first class support , be it replacement parts or support for the products .. I’m afraid both are non existent. 

Just to add to this discussion, it isn’t not the first time I have had this problem. Every time I try to buy the replacement in the past (2-3 times now) I’ve had to wait up to 6 months or so. Dyson really needs to do better here.

I do feel for you , There are so many customers with same issue. I purchased  Dyson BP03  at almost 900 pounds. No filters , was told it’s very popular .  I’m afraid everyone is being told the same thing ..  the customer support is absolutely diabolical . I believe stocking  all sorts of filters will not be in the company’s best interest .. I also have aTP02.  have not been able to but a filter for a very long time , even a replacement  remote control . Non Dyson filters will not recognise the app , that’s obviously a tactic used by the company , but  to do that and not be able to supply filters  is an absolute disgrace . 

The company needs to get its act together or buy back all machines that customers have purchased recently . Filter life will vary , so with that in mind , they have a huge issue.  I will never ever buy another Dyson product , as support and replacements are dire .

Hi there, I have been a long time user of the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Purifier. About 3 months ago, I got a message in my app stating that the filter should be replaced soon, so I attempted to purchase one from the online Australian store. It said there was none in stock, so I put my email address in to be notified when stock will arrive.

This morning, it now says a replacement is required, however I still am yet to receive an email say stock has arrived. I have tried to purchase one again, but am getting the same message.

While I love the product, the support in purchasing replacement filters I less than ordinary 😕. Could someone please advise when the replacement part 968101-05 will be available for purchasing again and whether stock replacement support will improve. While I love using this product, if filters can’t be purchased within a reasonable time, I would have no choice but to trash this and get a different brand.