Replacement is being provided in wrong color, please suggest | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Replacement is being provided in wrong color, please suggest

• 7 June 2024
  • 1 reply

A few weeks ago, my Dyson TP07 air purifier showed a fault notification. Customer support arranged for a representative to inspect it, and they determined it needed repair. After sending it in, I was told the issue was with the PCB and offered a full replacement since it’s only 4 months old. However, they only had white replacements, while I had ordered black due to dust concerns and aesthetic reasons. I asked for a black replacement or to repair my original machine. They initially agreed to repair it but later said repair wasn’t possible and again offered a white replacement. I refused and insisted on a black one. Am I being unreasonable? I specifically chose the black TP07 and just want it repaired or replaced in the same color. Please advise.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @blue71495,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

If your machine needs to be replaced under guarantee due to a breakdown, and stock of your original colourway isn’t available, in the first instance we would offer an alternate colourway. This is to help ensure you have access to a working machine as soon as possible. It would be up to you whether to accept an alternate colourway, or to wait for stock of your current colourway to become available again - although the team may not be able to provide an exact date for when more stock is expected.

In either case, this is something you would need to continue to discuss with the Dyson Customer Care team in your region, as it’s not something we can resolve for you via the Dyson Community forum.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then follow the 'Registration and technical support' prompt to reach one of our Dyson Experts.