Return policy for refurbs | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Purchased a refurbed Dyson pure humidify and cool about 5 weeks ago.  Before purchasing I checked the return policy as listed on the Dyson home page which basically states that everything except ‘wearable devices such as Dyson Zone. Dyson Zone has a 14 day refund policy from the shipped delivery date’ are returnable.  NO mention of refurbished units so I assumed everything was good.  So, upon delivery of the unit I decided it was too large for where I wanted to use it and called Dyson and spoke to ‘Fatima’ to effect a return.  She advised that refurbished units are NOT returnable.  I explained the situation and she said she’d pass my request up to management.  Five weeks later and I’ve heard nothing so I called again today and spoke to ‘Harold’.  Once again, and after being on hold for 30 minutes, I’m told refurbs are NOT returnable.  Harolds ‘fix’ for my issue was to sell the unit to a family member or a friend!  I asked him to go to Dyson home page and look for the return policy (see below).  He again told me ‘no refurb returns’.  I tried calling EVERY phone number I could find for Dyson and every one of them (domestic included) roll to their overseas call/help center.  Do I have ANY alternate methods to speak to someone other than overseas support who will do nothing but read from their customer support manual and repeat a printed response to the customer.  No authority to make any decisions!     

Dyson return policy as stated on their home page https://www.dyson.com/en

Money-back Guarantee

If you’d like to return a Dyson machine* for a full refund, you need to return the machine, accessories, and attachments within 30 days from the delivery date. For purchases made at a Dyson Demo Store or Dyson Service Center, a return must be made within 30 days from the purchase date. Dyson Direct will pay for return shipping.

*This policy excludes wearable devices such as Dyson Zone. Dyson Zone has a 14 day refund policy from the shipped delivery date. If purchased in a Dyson Demo Store or Service Center location, a return must be made within 14 days from the purchase date. Dyson Direct will pay for return shipping.

Customer Service Helpline

If you have questions please contact us. You can email or call:

• questions@dyson.com - Our Digital Support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most inquiries are handled within two hours or less
  • 1-866-MY-DYSON (1-866-693-9766) - Our Helpline is available from 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-6pm Saturday (closed Sunday).

Dyson Direct Returns Policy

If you wish to return any product purchased from Dyson Direct, please contact our toll-free Contact Center at 1-866-MY-DYSON (1-866-693-9766) or visit dyson.com/returns prior to returning your merchandise.

To receive a full refund for an item purchased from Dyson, please follow these three steps:

1. Call the Contact Center to initiate your return and to identify the correct return shipping address and method.
  2. Package the item(s) to be returned in the original Dyson packaging.
  3. Send your returned item(s) shipping prepaid to Dyson within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Unauthorized or COD returns will not be accepted.*

*This policy excludes wearable devices such as Dyson Zone. Dyson Zone has a 14 day refund policy from the shipped delivery date. Send your returned Dyson Zone shipping prepaid to Dyson within 14 days of purchase for a full refund. Unauthorized or COD returns will not be accepted.

Please allow 4-8 weeks for return processing. Products returned to Dyson will receive a full refund and Dyson will pay for the return shipping.

Be the first to reply!