The $700 dyson Brick | Dyson Community
Solved

The $700 dyson Brick

• 2 May 2024
  • 1 reply

So a couple months after the warranty ended, the $700 air purifier is now a brick. It just displays an exclamation point inside a triangle, won’t do anything else. 

Customer service made me jump through email, chat bot, and live chat hoops for days before saying I was SOL with this device. Before I drive an hour to the nearest service center to see what they want to charge me to get this $700 device working again I thought I’d see if anyone had ideas of a better way to get this working. *And yes, I’ll share this experience on TikTok and twitter. What a (super expensive) racket they have going on here. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 9 May 2024, 15:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @emailme,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

I’m sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience with Dyson Customer Care - we’ll be happy to pass your feedback on this along to the right teams internally.

We develop and test our machines to last, and we support them with servicing to keep them going as long as possible.

Outside of the 2-year warranty period, any repairs or spare parts needed would be chargeable. If it’s been determined that a repair is needed to resolve the issue with your machine, we’d encourage you to go ahead with this.