TP04 vs Big and Quiet Formaldehyde BP03 | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

TP04 vs Big and Quiet Formaldehyde BP03

• 3 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey everyone.

Currently own a TP04 and one of my frustrations since i bought it was the speed at which is cleaned the air, it would take hours and hours before quieting down again, and so im interested to know more about peoples experience with the new BP03?  Has anyone upgraded from TP04, if so how have you found it?

TM

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Badge

VOCs won’t be reduced that fast, you can expect the machine to ramp up for a while before its able to clean them (assuming it has the capacity to do that, purifiers in general aren’t great against VOCs. especially if theres a source generating them).

PMs will be reduced faster than any of the previous units, formaldehyde too. Its a good upgrade but hold the expectations if VOCs or odors are your problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @TechnicalMarvel,

Thanks for your question!

The speed at which a Dyson purifier captures allergens, odours and gases depends on a number of factors, including the room size, the pollution type and source, and how well-sealed the room is - as well as the settings you’ve selected.

But the Dyson Purifier Big+Quiet™ Formaldehyde is our most powerful purifier, engineered for use in larger spaces up to 100m2. It delivers more than 80 litres of purified air per second. It’s also our quietest purifier - in fact, in Night mode, it’s 50% quieter than any other Dyson purifier.

We’ll let other Community members come back with their own experiences with this machine, but feel free to check it out at Dyson.com or at a Dyson Demo store!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Speaking from experience with this machine, the purification is absolutely second to none, build quality is fantastic and the colour scheme they brought for the BP03 isn't to everyone's taste!

But a cautionary tale, we're on our second one and it's suffering from the exact same problem as the first, unfortunately the brilliant hardware is being let down by sloppy software, our first one downloaded an update about 3 weeks after getting it, the result the screen burns away at full brightness no matter if it's night mode or just standard auto mode, this can be fixed by power cycling the machine until you switch it off via the remote / app or use the timer.

I'm sorry but I have to pull down Jacks comment here of "It's 50% quieter in night mode" that's great and I can agree but I wouldn't know now as the backlight keeps you awake at night, so you just end up turning it off.

Anyway upon getting a replacement we diligently turned off "auto update" thinking this would keep the current firmware on the machine. Wrong. Logic implies with the myDyson app it'll then schedule the update which it then installed and the issue starts all over again.

I've tired reaching out to Dyson as there are other reports of this but no one wants to know regardless of how high up the chain of command you go, even emailing the security vulnerability email they said someone from the product team "might" be in touch, guess what, they haven't, this problem must be beneath them.

It's a great product. But honestly, don't connect it to WiFi.