Unsure Of What To Do | Dyson Community
Question

Unsure Of What To Do

• 22 March 2024
  • 2 replies

We have had a Dyson humidifier/purifier/cool units for over three years now.  The first unit stopped working within a month or two and was replaced.  Since then, the replacement would work only for several months and then quit humidifying.  It’s been in the area Dyson repair facility 4 or 5 times now.  The last time, I paid about $180 for a fix that lasted only a month or so.  I took it back about a month ago, heard nothing, went to the facility today and was told it couldn’t be fixed - no parts.  What is my recourse?   It was a good product when it worked, however short. I am certain not going to buy another given my experience.  Suggestions?   

2 replies

I hope this doesn’t happen to me. MyDyson, BP04 Had a sensor fault after just five days. I sent it back and still waiting on my replacement.

I do hope it doesn’t happen to you also.   After months of not getting fixed, I went to the repair facility and demanded the unit back.  It then went to the junk yard, where it belongs. It was, IMHO, just expensive junk backed by the worst service I have ever experienced.