Using UK AM07 Cool fan in the US | Dyson Community
Solved

Using UK AM07 Cool fan in the US

• 21 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I am moving from the UK to the US, and would love to bring my AM07 Cool fan with me.

Is it possible to use this device with a plug adaptor in the US (120v)?

If not would it work with a step-down transformer?

Please let me know, thank you.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 April 2023, 12:40

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hello @jjcantab 

Regrettably, you would not be able to use a machine purchased in the UK in the States. The electrical voltage 110/120V in the US would be too low for your product, and using an adaptor or converter can cause damage to your machine. 

While your machine does carry a 2 year limited manufacture warranty, this warranty is against manufacture defects. It does not cover wear and tear, accidental damage, lack of maintenance or incompatibilities due to relocating.

Per Dyson US policy, we would not be able to honor an exchange, as it is not a manufacture defect. If you are relocating to the US permanently, we would recommend purchasing a US model. We offer both new and refurbished machines on Dyson.com.

Best wishes,

Jodey,

I am moving from the UK to the US, and would love to bring my AM07 Cool fan with me.

Is it possible to use this device with a plug adaptor in the US (120v)?

If not would it work with a step-down transformer?

Please let me know, thank you.

Yes. Although Dyson don’t recommend it. If there a fault with using it like this or if the machine were to be damaged, they won’t repair it stateside.