Will the Air Purifier remove Detected Mold? | Dyson Community
Solved

Will the Air Purifier remove Detected Mold?

• 27 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have recently purchased the Dyson HEPA Purifier TP09 Formaldehyde Purifying Fan.

Unfortuantley I have a room that has quite a bit of mold. The purfier that is in the room says that the air in the room is good.
Should the purfier be detecting that the room has mold?
Or does it only detect the mold when you disturb it (clean it). 

Be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 August 2023, 18:49

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

@andyc The TP09 cleans the air in your room by moving (with the bladeless fan) air around your space and through its custom filters. It will help clean/clear mold particles in your air.
If the mold is stuck-on, say, it won’t make it to the purifier and will need to be cleaned/sanitized another way.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you Adam.

Unless the mould is disturbed or is present in the air, it won’t detect it. You’ll for sure notice the spike when you’re cleaning/removing it. If your interested, the Allergy season: Seasonal allergy triggers and prevention tips post has a list of prevention tips, including how to tackle mould spores. I referred to this when checking for mould during a bathroom renovation. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

When I clean the mould should I open the window as well as having the air purifier on? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

When I clean the mould should I open the window as well as having the air purifier on? 

100%! Gloves and mask are essential! I bookmarked this webpage last week. I’m renovation an outdated bathroom next month and wanted to research as much as possible! How to Get Rid of Mould | How to Prevent Mould | Homebase

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Charlie for the post.