Is it safe to wash my Dyson vacuum's cyclone pack? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is it safe to wash my Dyson vacuum's cyclone pack?

• 12 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a DC25 and as part of cleaning it I ran water through the cyclone but now see that this is not advisable. Please can you tell me if I should replace this part (if available) or whether it is possible to dry it without affecting its function. Thank you.

(Moderation edit - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 14 February 2024, 14:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @PennyB,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

To protect the performance of your Dyson vacuum, it would be our strong recommendation not to wash the cyclone pack or submerge it in water. Any moisture remaining inside the inner air ducts can make its way into the motor and electronics during use, which could cause damage.

Additionally, water can mix with any clinging fine dust particles and form a material that can block internal airways and compromise performance. This can also sometimes create an unpleasant damp odour which is hard to remove.

As a precaution we’d normally recommend replacing the cyclone pack with a new one, just to ensure no damage is caused to your machine. In this instance, in many countries we no longer offer spare parts for DC25 due to its age. You may be able to order a replacement cyclone back from a third party spares retailer.

If it’s not possible to replace the cyclone, we’d suggest allowing it to air dry fully for several days in a warm and well-ventilated area, to try and make sure no residual moisture is left inside.

Hope this information is useful, but let us know if you have any other questions!

By all means do not clean it. It’s will ruin your machine and is not covered under warranty. 

It’s not recommended to wash your vacuum cleaner’s parts with water since it there’s still moisture left which can then move onto your machine’s internal hardware, leading to multiple areas of damage.