Vacuum returned with suction issue - What are my options? | Dyson Community
Solved

Vacuum returned with suction issue - What are my options?

• 28 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I've had my Dyson corded vacuum returned after being collected and repaired.

My machine has been returned as tested for suction etc. The main head all works fine but there is very poor suction through the wand, it was very good previously as it powered the power head used to remove dog hair. This head now barely turns when you use it on cushion covers with any pressure put upon it .Also if you put your hand over the wand the pressure is way down. I'd go as far as to say this isn't my machine but the serial no does match so it must be. Please advise what to do next?
Thanks
JT

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 August 2023, 10:43

View original

2 replies

Hi @Jtmetalking 

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you and that a note is sent to the service engineer.

As for a next step, this will need to be re-inspected by one of our service engineers - they can provide clarification as to why the initial repair didn’t rectify the machines issues. 

Kindly contact our customer service team to explain the situation. They will arrange a service engineer to contact you.

You can reach our team by click on the Visit Dyson link and navigating to the ‘Contact Us’ page under ‘Support’.

Thanks, 

Userlevel 1

Hi

Just to close this off.

I used WhatsApp to speak to customer services and they provided a link to a fault fixing page.

I followed the instructions on the page and found the issue was with the clear plastic cover that hadn't been fitted /seated properly when the engineer rebuilt the machine. I took this off as part of the fault fixing instructions and reseated it and screwed back in, the suction is now perfect.

This problem could have been spotted by the engineer if they were to test the suction of the wand using a turbo brush on a cushion as the brush stops on touching the cushion if the suction is poor.

Anyway all working now.

Regards

JT