Cordless DC59 - Clean Head Wiring Broken. | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless DC59 - Clean Head Wiring Broken.

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

We own 5 Dyson Vacuum cleaners so we are loyal. However in the last 5 years we have had to buy 5 rotating heads for our DC59 and its always the same problem. The wires between the main connection to the vacuum to the motor in the brush head break

A new one is expensive but I am now fed up with soldering and rebuilding the head. This is an obvious design flaw and does anybody have a solution?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 11 September 2023, 12:33

View original

3 replies

@Provence Thanks for sharing, I’ve never heard of that part failing in succession like that. Unusual indeed.
Do you believe the connection problem is on the head itself - or rather, on the connection with the bin? If so, that part may actually be the culprit.
Also, if you contact your local support, they may have discounted upgrade options to present to you.

Not sure on a solution, other than buying heavy duty wiring and replacing it yourself. @DavidTaylor added a comment to another similarly need post, Cordless - V7 Animal Brush Head - Broken Wiring | Dyson Community. It might help explain why it is happening.. 

There  is only one way to use a vacuum. You cannot over extender it as its plastic. The foot joint moves in just one direction . I thank you for your reply and as an employee for a $150K projector company none of your conclusions make any sense

This is a design fault the question is why 

regards