Dyson Stick V8 Won't Hold Charge | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Stick V8 Won't Hold Charge

• 7 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

My partner and I have a (relatively) old Dyson Stick V8 whose battery seems to last all of a number of minutes before the machine seems to cut out and will not operate in either suction modes.

We have ensured all the parts are clean and that the unit has been on charge for a good period of time (hours), and the blue charging light has been flashing (indicating that it is charging). Though aftter a couple of minutes of use, the machine simply runs out of power.

Please can you advise if this is something Dyson would be able to repair, or if a replacement battery can be ordered and fitted by ourselves?

Thanks,

Jake

icon

Best answer by Jack 7 December 2023, 17:06

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @jakethedrummer123,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - I’m glad your Dyson V8™ vacuum has worked well for you up until now!

Like all batteries, the batteries in our vacuums are subject to natural degradation over time. We do have some tips to help prolong the battery lifespan, which you can find here.  

The good news is that the battery pack is quick and easy to replace, and this is something you can do yourself without the need for a repair. Just follow the steps shown in our video guide:

You can find the correct replacement battery for the Dyson V8™ vacuum here. Please note there are 3 battery variants for this machine, so check your serial number and take care to order the right one for the variant you own.

Hope this helps!

Dyson V8 won’t work. No power. 
Have replaced battery. No change. 
Have replaced motor. No change. 
Any clues what to do next?