Dyson V12 metal mesh gets covered in dust - Ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V12 metal mesh gets covered in dust - Ideas?

• 30 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Quiet often when I use Dyson V12 for vacuuming a floor with the fluffy head the bin fills in to the MAX mark in the middle (see the attached photo) and dust starts accumulating on the metal mesh. Is this a normal behavior of the machine and I can continue using it with no worries, or shall I clean it when the container gets filled in like in the photo? The bin is hardly filled in, but in the middle it indeed gets filled to the MAX level pretty quickly.

icon

Best answer by Jack 3 July 2023, 12:48

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

I have a v11 and I have this issue too. We have very fine dust where I live and because that rubber seal doesn’t seal, the dust gets in the mesh and in the filter, clogging the filter quickly!!

We see this a lot when we’ve vacuumed our lino flooring. I assume its caused by statically charged dust. It then sticks to this part of the cyclone. The attached shroud wipe is designed to remove this. We stop it from happening ¾ times by wiping it over with a antistatic/lint free cloth.

Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Quiet often when I use Dyson V12 for vacuuming a floor with the fluffy head the bin fills in to the MAX mark in the middle (see the attached photo) and dust starts accumulating on the metal mesh. Is this a normal behavior of the machine and I can continue using it with no worries, or shall I clean it when the container gets filled in like in the photo? The bin is hardly filled in, but in the middle it indeed gets filled to the MAX level pretty quickly.

Hi @Roman,

The outer cyclone and the perforated metal shroud are engineered to keep larger dust particles, debris, fluff and hair away from the inner cyclones. This allows the inner cyclones to work more effectively, capturing microscopic dust particles and allergens. A little fluff clinging to the shroud during use is completely normal, and just shows the shroud is doing its job as intended!

Our point-and-shoot bin emptying mechanism includes a shroud wiper which automatically removes clinging fluff and debris every time you empty the bin. Just take care to empty your machine when the contents of the bin reach the Max line. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this info. I was afraid that my Dyson was broken because of all of the fine dust coming through the mesh. I thought that the gasket had failed -- in the v11, it touches the side of the canister when the vacuum is new.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Thanks for this info. I was afraid that my Dyson was broken because of all of the fine dust coming through the mesh. I thought that the gasket had failed -- in the v11, it touches the side of the canister when the vacuum is new.

Hi @LGG,

I’m not quite sure from your description exactly which seal or gasket you’re describing, as there are several within the bin and cyclone assembly. If you’re concerned that one of them isn’t fitting correctly, our experts would be happy to help check everything is working as well as it should be.

Please get in touch via WhatsApp, and one of our Customer Care experts will be happy to help run you through some troubleshooting checks. To do this, just click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.