Gen5 Detect Motorheads operation - Stopping/Starting | Dyson Community
Solved

Gen5 Detect Motorheads operation - Stopping/Starting

• 16 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have the Dyson Gen5 and have found with each of the motor heads, if I stop moving the vac - even for a short time - the motorhead stops operating. The only way to start the motorhead turning again is to switch the unit off and on.

Is this normal operation? I don't recall a similar thing happening on my older models.

Thanks

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/ Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 July 2023, 10:42

View original

4 replies

Not normal. If it were happening with only one of the heads, the fault would likely be there. As its happening with all of the heads, it sounds like a wiring issue. Wand or main connection at the head. Give the power pins a wipe over and if it persists call Dyson for a replacement part. They’ll diagnose it. 

You could always check it yourself through their self help service: www.dyson.com/support

Hello @kaddymist 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If the brush bar does not spin on any motorhead please try attaching it directly to the bin, should the issue persist please get in touch with our support team.

For further assistance with this issue please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Hope this helps.

Regars, 

Thanks for all the info.

I’ve contacted Dyson Support

Cheers