How can I maintain my Dyson V8 vacuum's cleaner head to help protect my hard floor surfaces? | Dyson Community
Solved

How can I maintain my Dyson V8 vacuum's cleaner head to help protect my hard floor surfaces?

• 6 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Dyson V8 is leaving lines on  the hardwood floor. Any tips how to fix that

(Moderation edit - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 7 December 2023, 11:26

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Radhika,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We’d recommend taking a close look at the underside of the motorised cleaner head - 

• Sometimes residue can build up on the soleplate of a vacuum cleaner from frequent contact with floor surfaces. Check the soleplate is clean and free of any residue. To clean it, give it a wipe with a damp cloth, but please do not wash or submerge any part of the cleaner head.
  • Inspect the soleplate for damage - there should be no sharp corners or broken edges.
  • Check there are no clinging particles of grit, trapped small stones etc.
  • Make sure the small rollers on the soleplate can rotate freely.

As long as the soleplate is clean, free of damage and can roll freely over the floor surface, we wouldn’t expect any issues.

If you’re concerned there’s something wrong with the cleaner head after checking it, please get in touch with our experts via Live Chat through our Digital Assistant. Once you’ve clicked the round purple button on Dyson.com you can start a conversation with an agent by clicking the agent icon at the bottom left of the chat window. 

Hope this helps!