filter change problems | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Have Generation 1 pure hot+cool. Changing filter. 
1) no sensor housing can be found

2) reset procedure does not work 

Hi @dominici,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

When you’ve replaced your Dyson Hot+Cool™️ Gen1 heater purifier’s filters, you should be able to reset the filter life timer by holding down the Night mode button on the remote for 5 seconds - a countdown animation should display on your machine’s LCD display as you do this.

Resetting your Dyson Hot+Cool™️ Gen1 heater purifier’s filter life timer

To clean your machine’s sensor slots, use a soft dry cloth, or your vacuum’s soft dusting brush, to remove any dust or debris from the sensor intake slots:

Dyson Hot+Cool™️ Gen1 heater purifier sensor slots

Hope this helps!

My remote does not have a “night mode” button. My unit does not have the “sensor slot” shown in the drawing. Thank you very much for the reply though; I am frustrated and truly appreciate any help.

Hi @dominici,

Thank you for this update.

Are you able to post a photo of your machine itself, so we can double-check the model you own, please?

Hi @dominici,

Thank you for providing these images - I can now see your machine is not a Dyson Hot+Cool™️ Gen1 heater purifier, which is where the confusion seems to be coming in. It appears to be a Dyson Pure Hot+Cool™️ (HP00), or Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link™️ (HP02).

Your machine has a sensor hatch at the rear base of the machine, as shown in the User guide. The sensor can be cleaned using something like a clean, dry cotton bud to remove any dust or debris:

Sensor hatch

To reset the filter life timer, please hold down the On/off button on the remote for 6 seconds - a timer animation should show on the LED display at the lower base of your machine - as shown in your User guide:

Filter life timer reset

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply. As shown in the photos there is no “sensor hatch” located anywhere on the machine; on the base, above the “filter perforations” or…..anywhere. Also, as stated in my original question the filter reset procedure you have mentioned, which is in the instruction manual that I followed precisely as I was changing the filter, does not work. I push and hold the power button for six seconds and it doesn’t change anything. I have pushed and held the button for longer than six seconds and it doesn’t change anything.

I have followed the instruction manual very carefully during the process. I also watched the Dyson video procedure for changing the filter and resetting the filter warning, and followed that procedure carefully. I called the Dyson technician on the help line and received even less help; all I received from the help line were instructions to change the filter on different machines (after I had provided the serial number of my machine) and attempts to help me fix a hair dryer and a vacuum cleaner. Terribly, terribly frustrating.

It is a HP01